St. Peter’s Church
The church of St. Peter, originally in the Perpendicular style, was rebuilt in 1877, at a cost of £2,500, under the direction of the late Mr. Ewan Christian, architect, and reopened May 8th, 1879, by the Bishop of Ely. It is now a building of stine in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles. Consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a western tower containing a clock and 2 bells, these were inserted in 1841. There is also a small and curious brass to Robert Wodehouse, priest, 1514, a benefactor to the church. The pulpit and the east wall of the chancel are adorned with mosaic work. In 1907 a new baptistry was formed at the west end, and has a mosaic floor and oak panelling. A new vestry was also built.