Holwell is a small village and a civil parish approximately 2 miles (3.5 km) north of Hitchin in North Hertfordshire, near the Bedfordshire border. The village is over 1000 years old, having been granted a charter by the Saxon King Edgar in 968 AD.
These facilities can easily be accessed by either private or by public transport.
Throughout its history, Holwell also has had a local pub, school and convenience store. These however have now all been replaced by housing.
With the general increase in demand for housing, Holwell now has multiple building projects, enhancing its development and increasing its overall popularity with potential residents despite its remote location.